Get the best possible financial advice from your local, Sevenoaks based, independent financial adviser.
Imagine the security of knowing that you have your retirement plan in place and your investment strategy over the next 5 years sorted. We can help.
Here are 5 reasons to work with us:
We’re committed to your financial success
We have everything you need under one roof
We’re truly independent
We get GREAT reviews – click the button and read what our clients say
We offer a FREE initial consultation- fill in the form and we’ll get straight back to you
Request your 100% Free Initial Consultation
HOW DOES EQUITY RELEASE WORK?
Equity Release will reduce the value of your estate and can affect your eligibility for means tested benefits.
How Does Equity Release Work? A Step-By-Step Summary Guide
While this overview is not meant to replace personalised financial advice, it will give you an insight in to the process behind a home equity release.
- Whether seeking to bolster a pension income or generating investment income, homeowners over 55 years of age choose the home equity release scheme that offers the most value for their personal situation – either a Lifetime Mortgage or Home Revision scheme.
- The lender then assesses the applicant’s age (for married couples, the youngest age is considered), health and total equity in the home to determine the maximum tax-free lump able to be issued. That amount increases by 1% every year beyond the minimum age.
- If a Lifetime Mortgage is chosen, the homeowner will want to determine if the full amount is needed now, or if future dispersions will better fit the financial needs. Because Lifetime Mortgages “roll up” the interest payments back into the loan, this means the interest will be compounded (interest charged on interest). For this reason, there will be no payments by the homeowner and the financial obligation of the loan will grow in size more rapidly. The loan (Lifetime Mortgage) will be satisfied when the estate is sold.
- If a Home Revision scheme offers the best value, the homeowner will sell part or the entire home to the bank at a percentage of the value. The seller will however retain the right to inhabit the home for life rent-free.
- The funds paid out have no restrictions and can be used for medical bills, living expenses, and vacation or funding investments.
Request a call back from our qualified financial adviser
Equity Release Links
- What is Equity Release?
- What are the Benefits of Equity Release?
- Are there any Drawbacks to Equity Release?
- Are there Different Types of Equity Release Schemes?
- Will I Qualify for Equity Release?
- Can I Change My Equity Release Plan?
- Can I Release Equity on a Buy to Let Property?
- How Does Equity Release Work? A Step by Step Guide.